Why Choose SERVPRO® of Henrico
- Locally independently owned and operated, with the headquarters established in Chesterfield
- Consistently recognized in the top ten of 1,700 national locations
- Ranked 4th SERVPRO® Franchise in 2015
- Named Franchise of the Year in 2008
- More than 30 years of experience serving our local community
- Second largest franchise on the East Coast - Extreme Team Bahen
- Excellent reputation with homeowners, insurance companies, business owners, facility managers, local and state government agencies and commercial property management teams
Company and Technician Certifications
- NADCA – National Air Duct Cleaning Association
- EPA – Lead Certified Firm
- IAQA – Indoor Air quality Association
- IICRC – Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration
- CDS – Commercial Drying Specialist
- WRT – Water Damage Restoration
- ASCA – Air Systems Cleaning Specialist
- OSHA – OSHA Training and Compliance
- FSRT – Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- AMRT – Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- Plus many more
In the unfortunate event of a fire or water damage, call SERVPRO® of Henrico. We Weill respond 24/7 with trained employees, state-of-the-art equipment and the resources required to perform emergency services to limit property damages.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Henrico for Fall Cleaning
Everyone has heard of spring cleaning, but not everyone knows the importance of fall cleaning! This is the time of year to get your house ready for the fall and winter weather. Check out this handy checklist of what to do before the fall leaves and winter weather takes over.
- Vacuum all lamp shades
- Hand clean all light fixtures
- Check gutters, clean if needed
- Wash windows and make sure they are sealed properly
- Have rugs professionally cleaned by SERVPRO of Henrico
- Wipe out kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Test smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
- Wipe out window wells
- Sweep out garage
- Clean and store patio furniture
- Clean or replace shower liners
- Clean washing machine
- Clean dishwasher
- Go through food pantry
- Clean oven
- Clean and organize closets
- Clean grill
And last but not least, purge! Donate what you don’t need, wear, or use.
If you don't want to take on the fall cleaning yourself and you would like to have your house professionally and thoroughly cleaned, call SERVPRO of Henrico for an estimate at 804.288.2525.
What To Do Until Help Arrives: Water Damage
Last night, Hurricane Michael made its way through central Virginia causing heavy rains and winds. Thousands across the area have lost power and have experienced flooded basements, crawl spaces, fallen trees on homes and businesses. Water damages like these can impact your home or business if it’s not addressed quickly.
Luckily, SERVPRO of Henrico has the tools and man-power to address everyone’s issues as quickly as possible. However, since we cannot get to everyone at the same time, we can offer tips and measures to take while you wait for help to arrive.
What To Do Until Help Arrives:
- Shut off the source of water is possible
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Remove to a safe, dry place any painting, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
SERVPRO of Henrico will do everything to get to you as fast as possible and take care of your water damage. In the meantime, take these steps to safely save your affected furniture and personal items.
Fire Prevention Week
This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Look. Listen. Learn. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere,” works to educate people about three basic but essential steps to take to reduce the likelihood of having a fire––and how to escape safely in the event of one:
Look for places fire could start. Take a good look around your home. Identify potential fire hazards and take care of them.
Listen for the sound of the smoke alarm. You could have only minutes to escape safely once the smoke alarm sounds. Go to your outside meeting place, which should be a safe distance from the home and where everyone should know to meet.
Learn two ways out of every room and make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily and are free of clutter.
This week is an also an opportunity for local firefighters to visit schools and teach children the importance of fire safety. They want to make sure you’re doing all you can to keep your family safe. Firefighters are also encouraging smokers to make sure they throw out butts and ashes correctly because it only takes something small to spark a fire if the conditions are dry.
For more info please visit: http://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Campaigns/Fire-Prevention-Week
Fall and Winter Weather Precautions
Fall and winter weather can cause costly damage to your home or business if you are not properly prepared. Whether it is falling leaves, heavy rain, freezing temperatures, damaging winds, sleet or snow, all can cause serious property damage to your home or business.
It is important to take the steps and put in the work to avoid costly damage. To help prevent weather-related damages, consider taking the following precautions before winter weather hits.
Roofs, water pipes and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered from falling leaves. Leaves and other obstructions can cause water to back up enabling it to get into your roof and cause serious damage and interior water problems.
SERVPRO of Henrico is ready 24/7, 365 to help you when disaster strikes, call us at 804.288.2525
SERVPRO of Henrico understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Henrico specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage. SERVPRO of Henrico can also mitigate mold and mildew from your home or business. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
As the second largest SERVPRO franchise on the East Coast, no damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO of Henrico!
Water Damage Safety Tips
- Shut off water source if possible
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting the saturated area
- Wipe furniture to remove excess water
- Place aluminum foil between legs and wet carpet
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying
- Lift drapes off flooring, loop through a coat hanger and hang on curtain rod
- Remove wet area rugs
- Move valuable paintings, art objects and photos to a safe, dry place
- Open closet doors, furniture drawers and luggage to aid in drying
- Remove any wet fabrics and dry immediately
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature
- Use your household vacuum to remove the excess water
- Use electrical appliances while standing on wet flooring or carpets
- Go into any room where the ceiling is sagging
- Wait to call for professional help. The longer you wait the more damage will occur
According to the Red Cross, A thunderstorm is considered severe if it produces wind gusts of at least 58 miles per hour. Every thunderstorm produces lightning, which kills more people each year than tornadoes or hurricanes. Heavy rain from thunderstorms can cause flash flooding, and high winds can damage homes and blow down tree and utility poles - causing widespread power outages.
WATCH vs. WARNING
Watch: Severe thunderstorms are possible in and near the watch area
Warning: Severe weather has been reported by spotters or indicated by radar. Warnings indicate imminent danger to life and property.
- Learn about your local community’s emergency warning system for severe thunderstorms
- Pick a safe place in your home for household members to gather during a thunderstorm This should be away from windows, skylights and glass doors that could be broken by strong winds or hail
- Make a list of items to bring inside in the event of a severe thunderstorm
- Make trees and shrubbery more wind resistant by keeping them trimmed and removing damaged branches
- Protect your animals by ensuring that any outside buildings that house them are protected in the same way as your home
Make Preparedness Kit
- Water—one gallon per person, per day
- Food—non-perishable, easy-to-prepare
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation & personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family & emergency contact information
- Extra cash
Call SERVPRO of Henrico at 804.288.2525 if your home or business experiences damages from a storm. We have the resources to handle any size disaster.
There's a reason they say we are "Faster to any Disaster!"
For more information, visit the Red Cross website: http://www.redcross.org/prepare/disaster/thunderstorm
Biohazard cleanup is also known as crime scene cleanup or trauma scene cleanup. SERVPRO of Henrico's biohazard professionals provides this supportive service for victim’s families. During an emotional period for the customer, SERVPRO biohazard professionals have developed a keen sense of how to interact with the customer by providing a level of service victim's families need in a difficult situation. While the police and other responders may spend limited time with the family members, SERVPRO cleaning professionals work around the family longer, by performing the cleaning and restoration of the scene. By performing the cleaning and restoration, SERVPRO helps the family make a step beyond the tragedy, to hopefully carry on with their lives. Our staff is trained in all facets of property damage restoration, from training at SERVPRO’s Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
No Job Too Large
SERVPRO of Henrico has just begun a large project right here in our warehouse. A company was carrying 1,200 pallets from overseas into the US when the pallets were exposed to heavy moisture and water. Needless to say, these pallets sitting in moisture for an extended period of time began to produce growth.
Our team was able to come up with a game plan to handle a job this large. The process consisted of cleaning, remediating and re-wrapping all 1,200 pallets. A 60 x 30 containment area filled with air scrubbers was constructed inside our warehouse to perform the necessary measures to get these pallets cleaned and free of mold. It was important to build a containment area to keep the air scrubbers working efficiently in a confined space.
If you has a small patch of mold in your house or 1,200 pallets covered in mold, choose the professionals at SERVPRO of Henrico to handle your job the right way.