Sewage Cleanup and Restoration
Sewage back-ups and toilet overflows are some of the most common issues home and business owners can experience. Water from sewer system backups should be considered very dangerous. The water is grossly unsanitary and may contain bacteria and viruses that could cause serious illness.
Special training and equipment is necessary to safely clean this type of contamination. That’s why it is important to call the professionals who have over 30 years of experience cleaning up these types of issues. SERVPRO of Henrico understands that there are three major types of contaminated water and the necessary steps to handle each scenario. SERVPRO of Henrico will inspect that contaminated water to determine the type of water and then plan the appropriate response to safely restore your home or business.
The Three Types of Water
Category 1: Clean Water
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, can degrade into category 2 or 3
Category 2: Gray Water
- May contain bacteria and viruses - may include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow.
- Can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated.
Category 3: Black Water
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
If your home or business experiences a sewage issue, it should be treated as quickly as possible. Call SERVPRO of Henrico at 804.288.2525 and our professionals will respond 24 hours a day for emergency services.
We Can Handle Any Size Disaster
Over the weekend a very well-known restaurant located in downtown Richmond went up in flames. The fire started in the second-floor kitchen late in the night and spread throughout the entire building. Even the basement was severely affected by fire, water and smoke damage. Our SERVPRO of Henrico crew quickly sprang into action to begin the cleanup process as soon as possible.
When SERVPRO of Henrico deals with a large commercial loss, organization and efficiency is key. As seen in the displayed picture, our crews carefully pack up affected contents and document each item that is packed into boxes. Everything that will be handled is recorded and packaged carefully to be transported back to the warehouse where they will be cleaned, sanitized and delivered back to the customer.
Because we are a 24-hour emergency service company, we can begin services as soon as the disaster strikes. We have the necessary tools and equipment, as well as a large group of professionals who know exactly what needs to be done to properly restore the commercial building.
Severe Weather - Tornado Season
Luckily, in Henrico, VA we do not experience the potential threats that tornadoes can have as often as other parts of the country. These places include the upper Mid-west, the northern and southern plains and the Gulf coast.
Tornado season usually refers to the time of year the U.S. sees the most tornadoes. The peak “tornado season” for the Southern Plains is during May into early June. On the Gulf coast, it is earlier during the spring. In the northern plains and upper Midwest, tornado season is in June or July. But, remember, tornadoes can happen at any time of year. Tornadoes can also happen at any time of day or night, but most tornadoes occur between 4–9 p.m.
However, it is always a good idea to be prepared in case a disaster strikes. About 1,200 tornadoes hit the U.S. yearly. Since official tornado records only date back to 1950, we do not know the actual average number of tornadoes that occur each year. Plus, tornado spotting and reporting methods have changed a lot over the last several decades.
SERVPRO of Henrico will respond 24-hours a day to emergency fire and water services. We are a proud partner with the Red Cross and take part in cleaning up damages after a storm. SERVPRO of Henrico is also an extreme team, meaning we can travel across the country to assist with a storm damage or very large loss. We have the tools and the people who have experience in water, storm, fire damage restoration and we are always here to help.
A list of questions and answers about tornadoes can be found here.
Ceiling Damage After A Storm - One-Stop Shop
This tenant for a property local management company experienced a water damage to his ceiling after a heavy thunderstorm. The rainwater seeped through the roof and into his ceiling, causing the water to come through and out into his apartment. Our SERVPRO of Henrico crew came in to extract the water and demo the ceiling to remediate the damage the water caused.
After our mitigation crews dry out the affected areas using state-of-the-art tools and technology, SERVPRO of Henrico's reconstruction division will be able to come in a put the ceiling and walls back together again. We are a one-stop shop, making it easier for the customer to deal with one company that can finish every part of the work and finish it quickly and professionally!
Commercial Mold Damage in Henrico
Besides causing a major business interruption, a mold problem can present a serious health risk for people exposed at your commercial property.
Mold infestations can be caused by minor water intrusions, like a slow roof leak or loose plumbing fitting. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If you suspect your property has a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Henrico, who will respond quickly and work fast to manage the situation.
Mold can spread quickly through a property if left untreated. SERVPRO of Henrico can respond quickly, working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building. Next, we will begin the remediation process, working safely and effectively to manage the situation. We have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
Commercial Services in Henrico
SERVPRO of Henrico is the 2nd largest SERVPRO Franchise on the East Coast. Out of 1,700 franchises, SERVPRO of Henrico was ranked #4 Best Franchise in 2016. We take pride in our work and we provide great service to our local commercial businesses.
Cleaning and restoring commercial properties require a unique blend of training, experience, and equipment. SERVPRO of Henrico has the resources and expertise to give you excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your clients. We can help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Here is a list of some of the businesses we provide service to:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
SERVPRO of Henrico responds quickly to your Henrico fire, water, or mold damage emergency, 24 hours a day. Whether the damage occurs in a small business building or a big box store, we have the training, experience, and equipment to handle the situation.
Mold Removal vs. Mold Remediation
SERVPRO of Henrico has been remediating mold in homes and businesses for over 30 years. Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Many restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy. We understand mold and mold growth. SERVPRO of Henrico has the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business.
It is important, especially after a water damage, to quickly address any signs of mold in the home or business. If there is moisture present, growth can start in as little as 48 hours. If not addressed in a timely manner, mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants. Mold can also produce a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
If you discover mold in your home, don’t hesitate to call the professionals who will abide by a remediation process:
- Emergency Contact - (804) 288-2525
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Soot Damage to Customer Contents
Soot from a fire damage can have a big impact on walls, appliances, and furniture. Be sure to have your belongings cleaned as soon as possible to limit the potential damage soot can leave behind. SERVPRO of Henrico takes the time and diligence necessary to make sure everything is cleaned properly leaving no residue behind to stain. We understand how important it is to save a customer's personal items and return them back looking better than ever. That's why we invest in the best technology in the restoration industry to do just that! Our new ultrasonic content cleaning system is designed to carefully and thoroughly clean items affected from smoke and soot damage. Everything is transported in carrying baskets to cut back on human errors.
Safety Tips When Water Damage Occur:
- Shut off water source if possible
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting the saturated area
- Wipe furniture to remove excess water
- Place aluminum foil between legs and wet carpet
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying
- Lift drapes off flooring, loop through a coat hanger and hang on curtain rod
- Remove wet area rugs
- Move valuable paintings, art objects and photos to a safe, dry place
- Open closet doors, furniture drawers and luggage to aid in drying
- Remove any wet fabrics and dry immediately
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature
- Use your household vacuum to remove the excess water
- Use electrical appliances while standing on wet flooring or carpets
- Go into any room where the ceiling is sagging
- Wait to call for professional help. The longer you wait the more damage will occur
Moisture Control is Key to Mold Control
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%--all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Humidity levels change throughout the day as changes occur in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- If you see condensation or moisture collecting on windows, walls or pipes ACT QUICKLY to dry the wet surface and reduce the moisture/water source. Condensation can be a sign of high humidity.
- Be sure your home has enough ventilation. Use exhaust fans, which vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom. Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your home.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow.
- Clean up and dry out your home thoroughly and quickly (within 24–48 hours) after flooding.
- Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked and cannot be dried promptly. Consider not using carpet in rooms or areas like bathrooms or basements that may have a lot of moisture.
Call SERVPRO of Henrico to remediate your mold growth at 804.288.2525.